Working with several extremely well-known companies, we produced a VR marketing application for one of the biggest films of 2015, for a major well-known IP.
The project was made for Google Cardboard, for both Android and iOS and was integrated into their existing app & backend, downloading & playing 360 video with spatialized 3d audio
Some of the tasks I completed on this project include:
- Developing a stereoscopic 360 video player solution for Android & iOS, with spatialized 3D audio by integrating various 3rd party solutions for unity
- Ensuring a frame perfect sync between the video & spatialized audio
- Development of interactive 3d elements rendered in engine to seamlessly match up with the 360 video
- Working with the video & audio production companies to ensure optimal video & audio quality across the range of support Android devices & iOS devices.
- Integration with their in-house content delivery backend so new videos could be released, downloaded & experienced without app updates needing to be deployedThe
The experience was later ported to the HTC Vive & Oculus Rift as well, as part of a different product.