Race, ride and defy death! On Android!
Wear the cape of the World’s Most Determined Stuntman, mount your trusty motorbike, and go on a wild ride from zero to hero! Race, ride and defy death as you jump buses, dodge giant mousetraps, leap tanks full of sharks and reclaim your title of Master of Disaster!
Developed with my good friends over at Sockmonkey Studios for Hello Games, for this project I did all the programming and platform integration work to port Joe Danger from iOS to Android, as well as adding various features, heavy optimization, fixes and general improvements.
Some of the tasks involved were:
- Adapting user interface & ingame graphics to adapt to any screen size/resolution.
- Optimising the game to achieve a solid 60fps on every device possible
- Automated testing & framerate measuring was used to achieve this, with some custom scripting and AppThwack (Now AWS Device Farm)
- Adding controller/gamepad support
- Platform integration & setup (including Achivements, Leaderboards, etc) for the following platforms:
- Google Play
- Amazon Gamecircle (TV / Kindle)
- Xiaomi Mibox
- Integration of various interstitial advertising platforms (Unity, Flurry and Amazon Ads)