A mixed reality experience for a major European sporting tournament. The project including working with numerous stakeholders to create a VR game with rich haptic feedback, interactions and integrating & visualizing live data from the sporting tournament. The experience was shown to attendees and crowds at certain games during the tournaments.
It was produced using Unity, and used the Oculus Rift & Touch to allow the players to interact with the environment and feel haptic responses tied to interactions and cinematic sequences.
The Oculus avatar SDK was also used to provide visualization of hand gestures, and tying those into some of the various interactions
Some of the tasks I completed on this project included:
- Development of the majority of the experience, integration of Oculus Rift, Oculus Audio & Oculus Avatar SDKs
- Collaborating with the back-end development team to integrate their live data into the experience
- Optimization & graphical improvements to various assets & VFX provided to deliver a silky smooth framerate in VR
- Development of a detailed tutorial to gradually introduce people that may have no prior experience with VR to how to interact with the various parts of the experience using visual cues & prompts.
- Sourcing & integration of audio, setting up rich spatialized 3d audio, including ambience, crowd reactions & surface interaction
- Gamifiying the experience, rewarding the users for completing various tasks, such as completing parts of the tutorial, viewing data, etc.